Financial Literacy and Education
TD Bank works to provide the best financial education for all, kids and adults alike.
The WOW! Zone helps students in grades K-12 develop strong financial skills they'll use throughout their lives. Programs include:
- K-12 Personal Finance– Classroom lessons taught by trained TD Bank Instructors to meet national standards
- Junior Banker Store Tours – Students in grades 1-5 may tour their local TD Bank.
- Online activities like animated stories, a virtual stock market game for young investors, tips and resources for parents and lesson plans for educators. Visit the WOW! Zone.
To invite a TD Bank Financial Education Instructor to visit your classroom or to schedule a Junior Banker Store Tour, contact us now.
Banking On Books – Each year, TD Bank employee volunteers team up with First Book, a non-profit dedicated to providing new books for children in need throughout the U.S. and Canada, to read and distribute tens of thousands of books – many with a financial-education theme – to children from Maine to Florida.
First Book Marketplace Awards – The TD Charitable Foundation makes new high-quality books available to children in low-income areas by providing schools and youth organizations with funding to purchase books at a deep discount from the First Book Marketplace. More than 625,000 books have been donated to children.
Summer Reading Program – The Summer Reading Program encourages students in grades K-5 to keep their reading skills sharp during summer vacation, and also help them save money -. TD Bank deposits $10 into a new or existing TD Simple Savings account when each child completes their own reading challenge 10 books.
Adult Financial Education provides ways for adults to manage their money successfully. Programs include:
- General Education Seminars –Trained TD Bank Instructors on cover topics such as Build and Maintain Great Credit, Breaking the Paycheck to Paycheck Cycle, Protecting your Identity and more.
To invite a TD Bank Financial Education Instructor to visit your organization to educate your members, contact us now.
- Finance 101: There's a lot of financial advice out there. We can help you find the best ways to manage your money with a growing library of tools, tips and articles.
- helps learners master the basic financial literacy skills needed for employment and independent living,
- provides resources for learners and their financial caregivers, and
- engages learners and their caregivers with TD Bank employee volunteer educators to reinforce learnings and build confidence and self-sufficiency.
- First-Time Homebuyer Seminars – Through TD Bank's mortgage seminars, participants learn about mortgage application, loan closing process and post-purchase maintenance to protect their housing investment. Visit our comprehensive First-Time Homebuyer website for your free First-Time Homebuyer's kit, as well as access to helpful information about the home buying process.
To schedule a First-Time Homebuyer workshop, call 1-800-822-6761.
- Small Business Workshops – Small business owners can learn about preparing a business plan, financing new businesses, cash flow analysis and surviving a bad economy. Access videos and worksheets on starting a business, finance management and marketing, as well as access Find a Mentor, sponsored by SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives Association).
To speak to a Business Specialist today, call 1- 855-278-8988.
All consumers need financial knowledge and skills to build a foundation for personal prosperity and economic stability. Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities learn differently, and may have more complex financial lives.
TD Bank's Adaptive Financial Education Lesson Suite:
Contact Us to learn more and/or to request an instructor
Strengthening the capacity of
The TD Charitable Foundation's Non-Profit Training Resource Fund provides donations to eligible organizations to support employee job training, education and professional development. For more information, see Non-Profit Training Resource Fund eligibility and guidelines.
Building a financially fit workplace
Personal finance experts, investment and retirement specialists work with TD Bank's Financial Education and Human Resources Benefits teams to offer free employee financial education webinars throughout the year. Sessions help employees strengthen their financial capability, act for long-term financial well-being and address key life events.