A leader in community development lending
We utilize our commercial capabilities to provide diverse solutions which meet the needs of economically disadvantaged individuals, families and communities as well as small businesses and community-based organizations... Expand Read more
- Affordable housing for low- or moderate-income individuals;
- Community services for low- or moderate-income individuals;
- Activities that promote economic development by providing financing for small businesses or small farms; and
- Activities that revitalize or stabilize low- to moderate-income neighborhoods designated disaster areas or distressed or underserved non-metro middle-income areas.
A leader in community development investing
Providing access to safe, affordable housing is a top community development investment priority.
We also strive to make investments which support the growth of small businesses, provide support for community development services and revitalize or stabilize economically disadvantaged neighborhoods ... Expand Read more
- TD has built an excellent reputation and is an industry leader in the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit marketplace. Low-Income Tax Credits create market incentives for the acquisition and development or rehabilitation of affordable housing.
- We are also an active New Markets Tax Credit Investor, a tax credit that spurs investments into businesses and real estate projects located in low- to moderate-income neighborhoods.
- We provide capital in support of the growth of small businesses through our investments in Small Business Investment Companies.
- The TD Charitable Foundation donates millions of dollars in grants dedicated to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable individuals, families and communities.
- The TD Charitable Foundation's giving priorities are affordable housing, financial education and the environment, as well as providing significant funding to basic health and human services programs.
- The TD Charitable Foundation's signature program is the Housing for Everyone donation competition. Since 2006, the foundation has awarded 25 $100,000 grants per year through the themed competition to eligible non-profit organizations.
Housing For Everyone eligibility and guidelines
Corporate Giving opportunities
A leader in providing access to products and services
We leverage our retail resources to meet the needs of economically vulnerable consumers, small businesses and farms.
We maintain store locations across the areas where we do business and offer phone, online and mobile banking ... Expand Read more
- We have the longest store hours in most of our markets;
- Nearly all of our ATMs are multilingual; and
- Our ATMs, or Green Machines, are powered 100% by renewable energy sources and the envelope-free capabilities will save more than 52,000 pounds of paper per year
We recognize the critical importance of continuing to provide products and services in a manner consistent with safe and sound banking practices, and in accordance with all state and federal laws, regulations and rules. TD offers a broad array of accessible financial products that help low- to moderate-income individuals, small businesses and small farms achieve financial security.
For example, TD offers a highly competitive checking account product to meet the needs of low- to moderate-income and unbanked individuals. Our willingness to open a checking account without a credit check distinguishes us from many large bank competitors.
We also offer the following mortgage products to better serve the needs of low- to moderate-income individuals:
- Right Step Mortgage is available to low- to moderate-income borrowers and for residential properties in low- to moderate-income neighborhood, providing flexible down payment and credit underwriting terms and does not require mortgage insurance;
- Federal Housing Administration Mortgage offers a discounted interest rate, low down payments and flexible credit terms to eligible low- to moderate-income borrowers; and
- Veterans Administration Fixed Rate Mortgage does not charge certain fees generally charged on conventional loan products.
For more information please contact a Community Development Manager for your area:
|ME, NH, VT||Scott Bartley||1-603-229-5748||Scott.Bartley@td.com|
|CT, MA, RI||Lisa Joyner||1-617-737-3663||Lisa.Joyner@td.com|
|No. NJ||Mandy Kelso||1-914-259-6505||Amanda.Kelso@td.com|
|So. NJ||Mariya Burnell||1-856-489-7433||Mariya.Burnell@td.com|
|DE & TD Bank USA||Renee Roberts||1-302-351-4371||Suzanne.Roberts@td.com|
|DC, MD, VA||Donna Grigsby||1-202-939-0586||Donna.Grigsby@td.com|
|NC, SC||John Verreault||1-864-582-2813||John.Verreault@td.com|
|No. & Central FL||Rob West||1-863-701-5119||Robert.West@td.com|
|So. FL||Ana Castilla||1-305-441-5705||Ana.Castilla@td.com|